- Family Travelers
- Vacation Places
- Trip Ideas
- Hotels & Resorts
- Hot Deals
- Tips & Gear
- My Travels
Top Ten Cancun Resorts For Families
Top Ten Cancun Resorts For Families
all-inclusive resort, beach, cancun, family-friendly hotels, golf, kids, luxury options, mexico, multigen, spa & wellness, teens, tennis, top 10 vacations
Cancun, Mexico means white sand beaches, tropical vistas, luxury resorts, and some of Mexico’s most historic sights, making it one of the hottest spots for a family vacation by the sea. And while Mexico’s Mayan ruins are an essential stop, the top-of-the-line resorts along Cancun’s Zona Hotelera (the Hotel Zone) are almost destinations in themselves. We've been to most of them and we’ve come up with a list of the very best Cancun resorts and Cancun all-inclusives for families.
To help you make the most out of your family vacation planning, keep in mind that pristine beaches, sun-filled pool decks, bounteous food, and a relaxing spa come standard at almost every Cancun hotel or all-inclusive resort. You'll find that pricing varies according to the quality of the food and liquor (lobster nightly or premium brands), size of rooms, and proximity to the waterfront. You'll also find that many resorts have "sister" properties whose facilities you can use at no extra charge. So please read on. We’ve tried to highlight what we find are the unique features that push these Cancun hotels and resorts to the top of the pack.
Our Top 10 Cancun Family Resorts
1) Avalon Grand Cancun - If you’re looking for an all-inclusive resort with great variety of restaurants and activities, a stay at the Avalon Grand Cancun is definitely for you. With the Stay at One, Play at Three program, families have complete access to the restaurants, pools and programs at each of the three Avalon resorts in Cancun and nearby Isla Mujeres.
2) CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort - One of two lush Marriott resorts in Cancun, the CasaMagna is a great choice for family fun on a budget. It offers all the same vacation packages, business amenities and services as the more upscale JW Marriott, the only difference is the price.
3) Crown Paradise Club Cancun - With an award-winning nursery program for babies, lots of activities and a club for kids, a private teens lounge and five swimming pools with waterslides, there is guaranteed fun for families at this all-inclusive resort. It may not be the fanciest and its buffets won't wow the foodies, but CPC delivers a great beach vacation at a great price.
4) Gran Caribe Real Cancun - Living up to their promise to “exceed your expectations,” this all inclusive resort has some really amazing family of five rooms. Another great reason to stay: There’s an onsite water park.
5) Gran Melia Resort - With an online price guarantee, it’s hard to find this amount of luxury for less in any resort. Styled after the Mayan pyramids, this very large resort offers great views, award winning food, and an optional all inclusive meal package to help with the cost.
6) Iberostar Cancun Hotel - With a bigger is better attitude, the all-inclusive Iberostar (formerly Cancun’s Hilton Hotel) offers families the longest stretch of private white sand beach in Cancun. Attention dads! This is also the only resort with a full-sized, on-site golf course.
7) Moon Palace - This classy all-inclusive resort about a half hour from Zone Hotelera offers families the best of both worlds: tranquil Riviera Maya beaches and easy access to Cancun shopping and nightlife. In the special Family Connection suites available only to guests with kids, multi-generational groups of up to six can relax together in luxury.
8) The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun - If you’re looking for the best in food, opulent accommodations, and a kid’s program that’s pretty impossible to beat, look no further than the Ritz. Here, luxury a la carte is above standard.
9) Riu Cancun Hotels - With four great hotels in different price ranges, all in the heart of Cancun, the Riu Cancun Hotels offer families an all-inclusive stay that includes a kids club, as well as great activities for parents and teens with just the right amount of luxury for your budget.
10) The Royal Cancun - Sheltered by the Isla Mujeres, this cozy, bayfront all-inclusive resort offers some of the most family-friendly gentle surf on Cancun. And while the resort might be smaller than most, it still offers some pretty spacious villas where families can stay.
Check out more choices for all inclusive family resorts.